Thursday, February 15, 2007

Really dude... Video games in the break room!

What's been going on in my personal life? I'm glad you asked - wait... no I'm not. Stay out of my business, asswipe. No... that's wrong. I'm in my own business, right? Hello? Just where in the hell am I anyway? (do-de-doo-doo, do-de-doo-doo).

Today I had another job interview. It was the first interview I've ever been to in which I was at least 5 years older than the guy interviewing me. He was a cool kid though, and probably made twice the money I make now.

The interview was held in a break room which consisted of three odd, circular chairs that looked like mini trampolines, two bright orange inflatable chairs, a Foosball table, at least three different video game systems (including a Wii) and 4 or 5 remote control cars. The decorations on the wall were a giant rhinoceros head with 2 hoola-hoops around it's neck and a silly hat on it's front horn, a "Back to the Future" poster, and a "Dirty Dancing" poster (both unframed). Needless to say, I think this is the place for me. I didn't get to look around the office much after that, but my guess is that the cubicles resemble the loft apartment of Tom Hanks' character in that movie "Big". "...I read it, I said it, I stole my mama's credit!"

Anyway, I do believe I'll be in the runnings for this entry level position, which is essentially errand boy, but hell, who cares? Dude... there's a fake rhino head on the wall wearing hoola-hoop necklaces. What more can a guy ask for in a corporate office?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! wow that break room sounds like a pediatrician's waiting room or something. crazy!