Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you without a dope rhyme to step to..."

It's just that I've been looking for a new job while still trying to do both of the jobs I currently have. Time management is not one of my strong points, I'm afraid, but job interviews are. I'd be rich if I were a professional interviewee. Is that a word? It is now.

So far I've been offered the position of errand boy for a advertising exec, a personal/admin assistant for a production company and it's owner, a jack of all trades for a design firm and a door-to-door solicitor, selling framed art at wholesale from the back of my car. Hmmm... I couldn't stop thinking about "Death of a Salesman" that day.

The problem is that none of these jobs offer the compensation necessary for acquiring worldly riches. Not that worldly riches are my main objective, but I'd like to step up the ol' salary, if ya know what I mean. Of course, if I do well at any of the above mentioned opportunities, the door to financial success may open just enough for me to wedge my foot into it. Who knows?

Ch-ch-changes. I'm not sure I like the process... or rather, the anticipation of the event. That's the worst part of everything. Waiting for it to happen. Once the rising waves of change crest and crash, one usually finds themselves all wet and thinking, "Is this it? This is what I was so afraid of?"

Oh well. Guess I'm off to the races. I'm not a gamblin' man though. I don't haven't even looked at the odds. Fuck it. I can take a punch.

No comments: